Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TWD - Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding

This week, Lauren of Upper East Side Chronicle chose the recipe for Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding, which can be found on pages 410 and 411 of Dorie's "Baking: From My Home to Yours". The recipe can also be found on Lauren's blog.

So, bread pudding was this week's directive and I'm fairly certain that I failed miserably. I have never tasted bread pudding. I have never made bread pudding. I have no idea what bread pudding is supposed to look like or taste like. Since I was wondering around in unknown territory, I decided to halve the recipe and bake it up in ramekins. I had some leftover liquid and in hindsight I think I should have added more of the milk/cream mixture.

I tasted it at room temperature and after chilling overnight in the refrigerator and I wasn't really excited about it so I brought some to a co-worker who professes to love the stuff. She thought the taste and texture were excellent but the pudding was a little dense. I'm glad tried something new! Thanks Lauren!

Please check out the rest of the TWD bakers to see how they did. I'm sure they baked up some decadent creamy concoctions that will make me want to try this recipe again!

10 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I tried it warm, but I am thinking I need to make a sauce.

Megan said...

It sure looks good from here - and yay for trying something new!

Anonymous said...

Too bad it wasn't a success. it looks wonderful!

karen said...

bread pudding can be so hit or miss. yours looks good at least, too bad you didn't love it. and about your $5.99 cherry tub... exactly!! raisins were $1.29. :)

Unknown said...

It was my first time making and tasting bread pudding too! I really liked it though, at least with the chocolate. I'm not sure how I'd feel about other flavors.

Steph said...

I'm glad you liked it!

vibi said...

I'll say like Megan... it all sounds and looks great from here! ...and that's coming from one that was raised on the stuff!!! lol

spike. said...

Glad you got to try something new this week!

Teanna said...

Sorry you weren't a fan! I'm glad your coworked liked the taste though! I hope next week goes better for you! It still looks great, though!

TeaLady said...

Good for you for trying something new. Too bad it wasn't for you. Maybe a plain bread pudding would work better. Looks good tho'.