Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TWD - Coconut Tea Cake

This week, Carmen of Carmen Cooks picked Coconut Tea Cake. You can find the recipe when you visit her blog and/or on pages 194 and 195 of Dorie Greenspan's "Baking: From My Home to Yours." The cake was a snap to make but looked a little plain fresh out of the oven so I topped it with a glaze of coconut milk and powdered sugar and sprinkled some toasted coconut on top. I think I may have overbaked this one a tad since it seemed a little dry to me, but it still tasted delicious! I have my eye on the coconut-lime variation for next time around.


Please visit some other TWD Bakers and see how they did. Personally, I can't wait to see some of the wonderful variations that my fellow bakers will come up with!

10 comments:

spike. said...

love the extra toasted coconut on top!

Anonymous said...

Yum, love the glaze and extra coconut! Thanks for baking with me this week.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i love how you dressed this one up-- looks tasty!

Ashley aka Eclectic Connoisseur said...

Very pretty! I made the lime version, but the lime flavor was very subtle. I'll double up on the lime zest & juice when I make it again.

Mary said...

This looks great with that glaze on top! I'm definitely going to make this cake again:)

Unknown said...

thanks lots delicious

Nichicakes said...

pretty bundt, i like the addition of the toasted coconut on top

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

ahhh the toasted coconut looks like a must. i'm making mine today. just set out the eggs. :)

mike said...

Yes, that extra coconut does the trick. It looks fantastic - hope you make the lime version soon - I hear it's great! It's a favorite of mine now!

Bella Baker said...

looks gorgeous, especially with that toasted coconut on top! I loved this one!!!