Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TWD - Peanut Butter Crisscrosses

Jasmine of Jasmine Cuisine selected Peanut Butter Crisscrosses for this weeks TWD recipe. The recipe can be found on page 78 of Dorie Greenspan's "Baking: From My Home to Yours". These cookies were fast, easy, and delicious! The only change I made was in the sizing department. Dorie says to scoop the dough by the tablespoon and I used a slightly larger #20 disher. The result was big, fat, chewy, peanut butter cookies! The next time around, I'll make the chocolate version as suggested in the "playing around" section. YUM!


Please visit the rest of the TWD bakers to see how they did with this recipe.

17 comments:

Peggy said...

yours look so much better than mine. I think I overcooked mine - they are crunchy and brown!! Great job on yours.

Mary said...

I made mine in the recommended size and got 57 from a half recipe! They were crisp, so next time I'll definitely make them bigger, as yours look great!
:)

Anne said...

Your big chewy cookies look so yummy!

Jules Someone said...

Yum! I love a good chewy cookie. I'll have to make them bigger next time!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This made lots of cookies, yummy ones. Yours look terrific.

Cindy said...

This was one great cookie. I too want to make the chocolate variation.

Madam Chow said...

Lovely photo. Like the other posters, I think I'll make them bigger next time.

Tia said...

yours look beautifully pale and tasty.
My version of these is PB and J thumprints. Great job this week!

Jasmine said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! Your big cookies look so yummy. I chose them because, as you said, they were fast, easy and delicious!

Leslie said...

I think going bigger was a smart decision. My first batch was a little crunchy, and we like them chewy. Plus bigger cookies are always better, right?

Your look perfectly delicious!

Jennifer said...

These were delicious! Yours look wonderful!

Katy said...

Great picture -- yours look wonderful! I may have to try bigger cookies next time. :)

natalia said...

Ciao ! I love the picture they really say eat me !!!

Katrina said...

Ooh, your cookies look fantastic! Great job!

Beth said...

My girls are huge peanut butter pans and would love these cookies. And if I made that chocolate variation, they'd be over the moon!

Liz said...

Hubba hubba! Those are big fat chewy cookies of love. Look phenomenal!

Flourchild said...

Your cookies look great!! I loved em!!